Gas chair collection is a very personal Jesus Gasca design project. The Gas chair collection features a full range of seat options, from side chair to armchair, even task-chair and swivel-chair.
Jesus Gasca describes his goals when creating Gas chair: "At STUA we have been dreaming about the future and we envisaged a chair with fluid lines as light as gas".
That is why every joint, edge and curve is resolved with an uncompromising attention to detail. The frame is made of aluminium, chromed in glossy or matt finish, or powder coated in back or white. The Gas chair has been selected as one of the most comfortable chairs in the world.
The seat and back are available polypropylene or upholstered.
The back can be made also of textile mesh.
Gas is an indoor use stackable chair.
The Gas chair represents a fresh and new interpretation of a timeless form. Gas embodies good design.
The design of Gas chair is visionary. The aim of Jesus Gasca while creating this chair was to make the most beautiful and light frame that could have any type of material for the seat and back.
- SURFACES: Jesus Gasca investigated looking for the most comfortable surface design that would hold human body. So the seat and back are curved in three dimensional surfaces that have just one purpose: the comfort of the seating person.
- ALUMINIUM: all the chair frame is made of injected and extruded aluminium. Light and recyclable.
- SHAPES: the shapes of the aluminium frame are mate to avoid any welding.
- SEAT & BACK: the seat and back can be of Polypropylene, fabric or leather upholstery.
- MESH BACK: the back has the option of being made in mesh, which allows lightness and it is a "breathing" material.